Tuesday, July 15, 2008

I kissed a girl, and I liked it.

But then I'm a heterosexual male, so there's nothing surprising there.

I'd like to take a moment from my general political and religious ranting to rant a little more vaguely. There are a few things I'm upset about and they've been bothering me for a while. Basically, I've missed out on a few things.

First off, there was a lesbian kissing episode of Degrassi. Nobody told me about it. This indicates a general breakdown of a large communication network. I can get the CBC. I could have seen that episode. The only reason I found out was that I was looking around the youtube for the "I kissed a girl" video and found a Degrassi montage that someone had assembled and scored with the same song.

As well, my elementary and high schools didn't offer school buses for those students living as close as I did. So apparently I missed out on all of the oral sex that was happening on school buses. Maybe I should have gone to the local catholic school. My friends there seemed to be having more fun than I did in public school. Maybe I should have lived in "Beaver" County.

Apparently there was a Miss Universe pageant recently. While I'm glad to see that the world's love affair with dyed-blonde hair is over, I'm a little disappointed. Is it obvious enough now that the definition of beauty is getting really, really narrow? Isn't there already enough pressure on little girls to conform? Do we have to be such absolute jerks about it?

I'll get back to my regularly scheduled ranting ...

Recommend this PostProgressive Bloggers

No comments: